Sunday, February 6, 2011

Set Back for my sister

On wednesday morning my sister was acting oddly. Her hands were shaking and she had coordination issues. We were a little concerned, but not much. I decided to take her to the hospital, to see if they could find anything and she had a seizure just after she was called in for intial examination. No that she's had a second lot of seizures, everything is up in the air again. She was about to go back to work part time, but will get postponed now and was also looking to start driving again in march, not anymore. I have to be her semi-carer and taxi, which I don't mind doing, but it is extra pressure. With my mental illness, I almost need a carer myself, and I was on the borderline of coping already. The lastest developments have stretched and broken my reserves. On the upside, she didn't need to be intubated, and should be coming home soon, with still no clue as to what's going on. I also need a lot of time to myself and with her home all day moping it's difficult. Tempers and finances are running short!! Don't ya wish you could go back in time to a place where you now realise was much better than you knew then. It could  be much much worse, and I am so grateful she is ok-ish now. Stay well sissy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel for you. ((HUG)) Over the school holidays, my fiance had to be hospitalised for a really bad seizure too. He's not epileptic, it's just that he had a bad cold, and he gets bad asthma. So, when he coughed really hard, he couldn't get enough oxygen, so his body had a seizure to get the oxygen to him. Apparently, what he had was called a fainting seizure.

    Whatever the cause, they're always pretty scary though, aren't they? I hope things get better for you

    ReplyDelete