Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Movie: Waiting

I think I was waiting for something to happen!

waiting, 2005, Ryan Reynolds.

I stayed up doing some craft, and "Waiting" was on. Perhaps I only watched it be Reynolds is hot, but  I wouldn't be so shallow as that would I?


I must admit I  wasn't paying 100% attention at all times. I found the movie silly, and I didn't figure out until the end that the plot I was looking for wasn't in existance. It was gross in spots (I had to change the channel for when they made the special gravy). It was also crude, but that didn't bother me. Some of the jokes made me laugh. The actor John Francis Daley was in it, who play Sweets in Bones. I like movie connections and famliar actors. Mitch's speech at the end was epic. If you like a movie for some immature laughs and no plot, then it's for you.

Here is the plot summary according to IMDB

It's the dinner shift at Shenanigan's. Dan, the clueless boss, assigns Mitch, 22, a trainee, to Monty, the smooth talker who chases girls for one-night stands. Dean, a waiter, also 22, feels that life is passing him by. Dan offers him the assistant manager job and gives him until midnight to decide. Other waiters, cooks, and bus boys have their issues and personalities. Bishop, the dishwasher, is their counselor. During this shift, Monty may learn something, Dean makes his decision, Dan makes a play for the not-yet-18 hostess, customers get their comeuppance, the guys all play the in-house homophobic flashing game, the gals demonstrate why they won't, and Mitch gets the last word.

No comments:

Post a Comment